Red Carpet Studio Kids’ animations premiere on China’s biggest media platforms
Two Russian animation projects by Red Carpet Studios (its animation division RED CARPET STUDIO KIDS), Space Doctor Cat and Blinky and Knobby, premiered simultaneously on China’s biggest media platforms this week.
The edutaining puppet show called Space Doctor Cat attracted Chinese distributors with its unique brave format where each episode mimics children playing with toys. The project is unmatched both in Russia and China so the success of this ambitious enterprise was foreseeable. The project’s Chinese partners especially appreciate its social mission: this puppet show aims at encouraging children to maintain a healthy lifestyle, promotes family values, teaches children to treat their own health and safety with responsibility.
Space Doctor Cat is available on three digital platforms: Xiaomi (OTT), Huawei (OTT), and Huahong (IPTV).
The Blinky and Knobby animated series is currently available to the users of China’s largest video service IQIYI, which is known as the Chinese Netflix, as well as the Qingzhuliandong TV channel (which is part of the federal cable service Guizhou) and the main digital cable television operators on the Huahong (IPTV), Huawei (OTT), Xiaomi (OTT) platforms.
“The Space Doctor Cat brand actively participates in social and charitable events. In Russia its Instagram has had 6000 new followers in the last month. The work on the musical season which is to be distributed in China and Latin America is coming to an end. It is soon planned to premiere on English-speaking platforms in the USA and Canada. The Blinky and Knobby animated series also await its premiere on other platforms in Eastern Asia”, said Natalia Ivanova-Dostoevskaya, RED CARPET STUDIO’s deputy general producer of the development of the animation business.
It was Beijing Joy Culture Media Co., Ltd. (JCM), the Beijing-based leading international company in the field of creating, distributing, and marketing children’s animation and home entertainment, that bought the rights for the distribution of Space Doctor Cat and Blinky and Knobby.
“International development of animated series is one of the new fields for RED CARPET STUDIO. It’s growing actively and yielding good results from the business perspective. Regardless of the difficulties with dubbing this spring due to the pandemic, we are grateful to our partners for ensuring timely performance and we are planning to continue our cooperation on current projects and those to come,” commented Red Carpet Studio’s general producer Anton Kalinkin.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 120 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 30 July 76 views | posted on July 30, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 65 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- Tata Sky Binge delivers aggregation across 11 streaming apps, powered by ThinkAnalytics 58 views | posted on July 30, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021