Mediacorp’s Lights.Camera.Singapore initiative reels in Viddsee as first local content partner
In an exciting new collaboration between Singapore’s national media network Mediacorp and Singapore-based online entertainment platform Viddsee, audiences will get to enjoy more quality local entertainment under the Lights.Camera.Singapore with Viddsee initiative for free!
Starting 25 July 2020, fans will be able to binge-watch 16 Viddsee short films under the Scene City anthology by local content creators on Mediacorp’s digital platform meWATCH. Shown as part of the Lights.Camera.Singapore initiative which champions cultural cornerstones that make us uniquely Singaporean, the Scene City anthology presents a glimpse into the rich and layered narratives, landscapes, and vignettes of city life in Singapore.
These include award-winning works like Pa directed by Sabrina Poon, which won Best Screenplay & People’s Choice Award at the Shorties Film Festival Singapore 2019, and Light By Bedside directed by JD Chua, which clinched Best Web Film Shorts at the Asia Web Awards 2019. 13 of these short films will also be aired every Tuesday on Channel 5, 9:30 p.m., starting from 28 July 2020.
Come end-2020 to early 2021, Mediacorp will also showcase popular drama series and infotainment programmes from Viddsee, such as its VOICES documentary series While You Sleep by Christine Seow, which won Best Documentary at the Asia Web Awards 2019. As part of this collaboration, both companies will also explore commissioning a drama series based on a short film, with the plan of bringing it to screen in mid-2021. More details will be released closer to date.
Sapna Angural, Head of English Audience, Mediacorp, said, “As Singapore’s largest content creator, we are constantly on the lookout for great partners to collaborate with to bring exciting new shows to our audiences. With Viddsee, a community-centric platform built by imaginative, independent storytellers, it is a natural partnership that will see some of their best content being showcased to a broader audience base through Mediacorp’s media network. But more importantly, with the Lights.Camera.Singapore with Viddsee initiative, we continue to shine the spotlight on remarkable Singaporean tales, told by talented local filmmakers and hope that our audiences enjoy these stories that are so uniquely us.
Derek Tan, Co-founder, Viddsee said, “We are proud to bring some of our favourite Viddsee Original short films, series, and documentaries to Mediacorp’s Channel 5 and meWATCH. Since making their debut on our platform, they have proved to be consistent favourites among our audiences worldwide, and we hope this collaboration will encourage more Singaporeans to discover and appreciate the work of our local filmmakers.”
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 103 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- ZEE5 Global unveils its sixth Bangladeshi Original web series ‘Ladies & Gentlemen’ 47 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 44 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 39 views | posted on June 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020