Mediacorp’s Lights.Camera.Singapore initiative reels in Viddsee as first local content partner
In an exciting new collaboration between Singapore’s national media network Mediacorp and Singapore-based online entertainment platform Viddsee, audiences will get to enjoy more quality local entertainment under the Lights.Camera.Singapore with Viddsee initiative for free!
Starting 25 July 2020, fans will be able to binge-watch 16 Viddsee short films under the Scene City anthology by local content creators on Mediacorp’s digital platform meWATCH. Shown as part of the Lights.Camera.Singapore initiative which champions cultural cornerstones that make us uniquely Singaporean, the Scene City anthology presents a glimpse into the rich and layered narratives, landscapes, and vignettes of city life in Singapore.
These include award-winning works like Pa directed by Sabrina Poon, which won Best Screenplay & People’s Choice Award at the Shorties Film Festival Singapore 2019, and Light By Bedside directed by JD Chua, which clinched Best Web Film Shorts at the Asia Web Awards 2019. 13 of these short films will also be aired every Tuesday on Channel 5, 9:30 p.m., starting from 28 July 2020.
Come end-2020 to early 2021, Mediacorp will also showcase popular drama series and infotainment programmes from Viddsee, such as its VOICES documentary series While You Sleep by Christine Seow, which won Best Documentary at the Asia Web Awards 2019. As part of this collaboration, both companies will also explore commissioning a drama series based on a short film, with the plan of bringing it to screen in mid-2021. More details will be released closer to date.
Sapna Angural, Head of English Audience, Mediacorp, said, “As Singapore’s largest content creator, we are constantly on the lookout for great partners to collaborate with to bring exciting new shows to our audiences. With Viddsee, a community-centric platform built by imaginative, independent storytellers, it is a natural partnership that will see some of their best content being showcased to a broader audience base through Mediacorp’s media network. But more importantly, with the Lights.Camera.Singapore with Viddsee initiative, we continue to shine the spotlight on remarkable Singaporean tales, told by talented local filmmakers and hope that our audiences enjoy these stories that are so uniquely us.
Derek Tan, Co-founder, Viddsee said, “We are proud to bring some of our favourite Viddsee Original short films, series, and documentaries to Mediacorp’s Channel 5 and meWATCH. Since making their debut on our platform, they have proved to be consistent favourites among our audiences worldwide, and we hope this collaboration will encourage more Singaporeans to discover and appreciate the work of our local filmmakers.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 81 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 46 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 43 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020