Kensin announces new specialist consulting service for Japanese historical filmed content
KENSIN CO., LTD., (“KENSIN”) announced that it has launched a consulting service specialising in providing insight into all aspects of the Japanese Warring States Period including its history and culture. The consulting service is geared to the TV and film industries looking to create historically accurate portrayals of Japan across any type of production including film, drama, and documentary.
The Warring States Period, also known as the Sengoku Period, lasted from c. 1467 – c. 1600, and spanned the latter part of Japan’s Muromachi Period to the early part of the Edo Period. It was a tumultuous time in Japanese history marked by near-constant military conflict, political intrigue, and social upheaval. Moreover, it was an age that thoroughly pursued certain ideals, developed the formulative arts and exerted an incomparable uniqueness not known at any other time in Japanese history. Accordingly, the Warring States Period provides showrunners and programming idea developers with the most fascinating and content-rich period for filmed-production in Japanese history.
The consulting service is available to companies and individuals developing any type of filmed content-based project that requires authenticised and accurate research on this engaging period of Japanese history. Besides filmed content, the service covers projects and activations including exhibitions, publications, and live events.
KENSIN has developed and honed this unique expertise as a world-renowned creator of historically authentic, limited edition reproductions of artefacts from the Warring States Period. It is the only company in the world that goes beyond basic research and challenges itself to delve deeper to create the best fascimile historical products in the world.
Yutaro Sakakibara, founder and president of Kensin, commented: “I am excited to promote this consulting service that leverages my personal knowledge of the Warring States Period. Our company’s strong points are the practical and concrete efforts that we make, emphasizing actual historic reproductions, going much further than just basic research. Our primary purpose is to provide our know-how on a global basis attained from over twenty years of consistent passionate research and development in this field. Kensin has the ability to take on any project size and deliver strong value to any client seeking guidance on this exciting time of Japanese history.”
The consulting service for filmed content covers the following areas:
- Development guidance for products incorporating the formative arts (colour and shapes) from the Warring States Period.
- Reproduction and production of costume and works of art from the Warring States Period.
- Guidance for projects incorporating culture (such as Zen practice and Tea Ceremony) from the Warring States Period.
- Creative direction for visual and game projects requiring historically accurate background research for the Warring States Period.
- Conducting seminars, creating publications, and associated activities covering the history, culture, and the fine arts of the Warring States Period. (In particular, the provision of independent, understandable explanations of comparisons with the history of Christian culture in western society)
- Planning and direction for art exhibits and other exhibitions themed on the Warring States Period (e.g. “Samurai” theme).
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 40 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020