5 reasons why AXN’s ‘Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for the Bone Collector’ needs to be on your watchlist
Binge-watched a ton of shows during the Circuit Breaker and on the hunt for a new show? Here are five reasons why AXN’s Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for the Bone Collector needs to be on your watchlist.
The crime drama series is based on the novel The Bone Collector by Jeffrey Deaver and will premiere on 21 July 2020 on AXN, with episodes available every Tuesday at 9:45 p.m.
1. You’re obsessed with a murder mysteries and crime dramas
You’ve got a taste for the macabre and have seen more crime series than you can count. There’s just something about watching detectives piece together the puzzles of a sordid crime that draws you in and leaves you hooked.
Luckily for you, Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for The Bone Collector is packed with thrilling action. Intriguing backstories for its two lead characters, Lincoln Rhyme and Amelia Sachs set the stage for the show’s premise, a hunt for the elusive serial killer known only as The Bone Collector.
2. You love a good tv/film adaption of a book
Are you an avid reader who always wants to check out the latest adaption of a good book you’ve read? Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for The Bone Collector is based on The Bone Collector by prolific mystery and crime author Jeffrey Deaver. The show is also the book’s first tv adaptation, after the 1999 movie adaptation starring Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie.
3. You’re fascinated by layered characters with compelling background stories
Move over Sherlock Holmes and Watson, there’s a new detective duo in town! Rookie NYPD officer Amelia Sachs teams up with Lincoln Rhymes, a disabled forensic criminologist, to hunt down the legendary serial killer, the Bone Collector.
The characters of Amelia and Lincoln have been written to give them dimension, depth, and intriguing backstories; While Lincoln was leading the hunt for the Bone Collector years before, he fell into a trap set by the Bone Collector, leaving him paralysed and more determined than ever to catch the sadistic serial killer.
Amelia also has a personal connection to the Bone Collector. Her younger sister Rae is being stalked by him and is therefore the reason why Amelia is desperate to catch him and lock him up.
4. You love solving problems and putting all the pieces of a puzzle together
Fancy yourself a true detective capable of solving the most complex of mysteries? Look no further than Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for The Bone Collector. With clues, plot twists and all sorts of thrills and spills cleverly weaved into every episode, you’ll find yourself sitting at the edge of your seat, intrigued and dying to figure things out as the mystery unfolds.
5. You have a fascination with evil
Experts have found that people have a fascination with evil and the tension that exists between good and bad. With The Bone Collector given his moniker because of the way he surgically removes his victims’ bones and leaves them as clues for the police, you’re guaranteed to get some insight into the psychology of a serial killer and what makes him tick. If only to learn how to better protect ourselves from such twisted, deviant behaviour.
If any of those reasons resonated with you, you’re likely a murder mystery junkie! Why not give in to your fascination, put on your thinking cap, and get ready to play armchair detective as you watch Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for The Bone Collector, available on AXN every Tuesday at 9:45 p.m.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,214 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 92 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 77 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 73 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020