ABC Commercial rolls out exciting slate for MIP China
ABC Commercial has announced a full offering of blue-chip Australian scripted and unscripted content and great formats to celebrate their first attendance of MIP China’s new innovative online market event.
The finished program slate includes quality natural history series Wild Australians (HD 6×60’), which travels from coast to desert and back again to tell the stories of some of Australia’s spectacular wildlife, and the harsh but beautiful habitat to which these animals have adapted. The science-history series Searching for Superhuman (HD 6×60’) examines the mind-blowing, ever-changing narrative of the human body, from the inception of the Human Genome Project in 1990 to the present.
Developed for television based on BBC Radio personality Simon Mayo’s best-selling teen novel of the same name, scripted drama Itch (HD 10×30’) is a thrilling high-octane, action-adventure series for primary-to-early secondary school kids that have already sold into the UK and US.
On the comedy front, Ronny Chieng (Crazy Rich Asians) stars in Ronny Chieng: International Student (HD 7×30’). Broaching the cultural divide with extreme comedic panache, the series reflects the real-life story of Ronny’s experience as a Malaysian exchange student who moves to Australia to study law and is caught between two worlds with hilarious results.
Format options are available for the scripted drama Pulse (HD 8×60’), a gripping story set in and around the transplant unit of a busy teaching hospital, and one that was inspired by a true story of a transplant-patient-turned-doctor.
A factual highlight is a recent finalist in the International Format Awards -Best Competition Reality Format, The Great Bee Challenge, follows four families as they are guided to build thriving hives that produce delicious honey.
Popular children’s format Prank You Very Much (HD 10×30’) is an infectiously upbeat series that sees kids nominate someone in their life they want to thank. The comical crew and a special weekly ‘guest star’ put together a prank with epic surprises – thanking them by pranking them! Pre-school format Play School teaches children to learn through play; the longest-running children’s show in Australia, and the second longest-running worldwide, Play School is nothing short of an institution. For over fifty years, generations of children have been introduced to the Play School world of imagination and creativity.
Attending MIP China on behalf of ABC Commercial is Katherine McMillan, Sales Manager Asia & Worldwide Format Sales who noted: “We are excited to be joining MIP China’s digital event. China has always been an important market for us and over the past few years we have seen substantial growth of both content and interest of our formats in this territory.” McMillan added, “I’m looking forward to presenting to clients some of the fabulous lineup ABC Commercial has to offer in 2020.”
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 80 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 69 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 57 views | posted on November 26, 2020
- Netflix brings a variety of entertainment with seven new Korean films and series 47 views | posted on November 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020