ABC Commercial rolls out exciting slate for MIP China
ABC Commercial has announced a full offering of blue-chip Australian scripted and unscripted content and great formats to celebrate their first attendance of MIP China’s new innovative online market event.
The finished program slate includes quality natural history series Wild Australians (HD 6×60’), which travels from coast to desert and back again to tell the stories of some of Australia’s spectacular wildlife, and the harsh but beautiful habitat to which these animals have adapted. The science-history series Searching for Superhuman (HD 6×60’) examines the mind-blowing, ever-changing narrative of the human body, from the inception of the Human Genome Project in 1990 to the present.
Developed for television based on BBC Radio personality Simon Mayo’s best-selling teen novel of the same name, scripted drama Itch (HD 10×30’) is a thrilling high-octane, action-adventure series for primary-to-early secondary school kids that have already sold into the UK and US.
On the comedy front, Ronny Chieng (Crazy Rich Asians) stars in Ronny Chieng: International Student (HD 7×30’). Broaching the cultural divide with extreme comedic panache, the series reflects the real-life story of Ronny’s experience as a Malaysian exchange student who moves to Australia to study law and is caught between two worlds with hilarious results.
Format options are available for the scripted drama Pulse (HD 8×60’), a gripping story set in and around the transplant unit of a busy teaching hospital, and one that was inspired by a true story of a transplant-patient-turned-doctor.
A factual highlight is a recent finalist in the International Format Awards -Best Competition Reality Format, The Great Bee Challenge, follows four families as they are guided to build thriving hives that produce delicious honey.
Popular children’s format Prank You Very Much (HD 10×30’) is an infectiously upbeat series that sees kids nominate someone in their life they want to thank. The comical crew and a special weekly ‘guest star’ put together a prank with epic surprises – thanking them by pranking them! Pre-school format Play School teaches children to learn through play; the longest-running children’s show in Australia, and the second longest-running worldwide, Play School is nothing short of an institution. For over fifty years, generations of children have been introduced to the Play School world of imagination and creativity.
Attending MIP China on behalf of ABC Commercial is Katherine McMillan, Sales Manager Asia & Worldwide Format Sales who noted: “We are excited to be joining MIP China’s digital event. China has always been an important market for us and over the past few years we have seen substantial growth of both content and interest of our formats in this territory.” McMillan added, “I’m looking forward to presenting to clients some of the fabulous lineup ABC Commercial has to offer in 2020.”
- Asian independent short films now accessible worldwide with ZEASN and Viddsee team up 105 views | posted on May 17, 2021
- Abacus Media Rights secures international distribution rights for ‘The Masked Dancer UK’ 104 views | posted on May 17, 2021
- Differentiating the sports OTT experience 103 views | posted on May 14, 2021
- Social entertainment platform GazeTV breaks the tradition with blockchain, tokenized ecosystem for audiences and video creators 68 views | posted on May 17, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020