ABC Commercial rolls out exciting slate for MIP China
ABC Commercial has announced a full offering of blue-chip Australian scripted and unscripted content and great formats to celebrate their first attendance of MIP China’s new innovative online market event.
The finished program slate includes quality natural history series Wild Australians (HD 6×60’), which travels from coast to desert and back again to tell the stories of some of Australia’s spectacular wildlife, and the harsh but beautiful habitat to which these animals have adapted. The science-history series Searching for Superhuman (HD 6×60’) examines the mind-blowing, ever-changing narrative of the human body, from the inception of the Human Genome Project in 1990 to the present.
Developed for television based on BBC Radio personality Simon Mayo’s best-selling teen novel of the same name, scripted drama Itch (HD 10×30’) is a thrilling high-octane, action-adventure series for primary-to-early secondary school kids that have already sold into the UK and US.
On the comedy front, Ronny Chieng (Crazy Rich Asians) stars in Ronny Chieng: International Student (HD 7×30’). Broaching the cultural divide with extreme comedic panache, the series reflects the real-life story of Ronny’s experience as a Malaysian exchange student who moves to Australia to study law and is caught between two worlds with hilarious results.
Format options are available for the scripted drama Pulse (HD 8×60’), a gripping story set in and around the transplant unit of a busy teaching hospital, and one that was inspired by a true story of a transplant-patient-turned-doctor.
A factual highlight is a recent finalist in the International Format Awards -Best Competition Reality Format, The Great Bee Challenge, follows four families as they are guided to build thriving hives that produce delicious honey.
Popular children’s format Prank You Very Much (HD 10×30’) is an infectiously upbeat series that sees kids nominate someone in their life they want to thank. The comical crew and a special weekly ‘guest star’ put together a prank with epic surprises – thanking them by pranking them! Pre-school format Play School teaches children to learn through play; the longest-running children’s show in Australia, and the second longest-running worldwide, Play School is nothing short of an institution. For over fifty years, generations of children have been introduced to the Play School world of imagination and creativity.
Attending MIP China on behalf of ABC Commercial is Katherine McMillan, Sales Manager Asia & Worldwide Format Sales who noted: “We are excited to be joining MIP China’s digital event. China has always been an important market for us and over the past few years we have seen substantial growth of both content and interest of our formats in this territory.” McMillan added, “I’m looking forward to presenting to clients some of the fabulous lineup ABC Commercial has to offer in 2020.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 88 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 48 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 43 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 33 views | posted on September 22, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020