Eccho Rights enters formats pact with SBS Contents Hub
Eccho Rights have made an agreement with SBS Contents Hub in South Korea, to represent two of the broadcasting giant’s top scripted formats. By embarking on this partnership, the two companies will continue to develop and expand upon the scripted format business from South Korea that has proved hugely fruitful in recent times.
Queen of Ambition is the story of a woman born into poverty who will let nothing stand in her way as she tries to rise to the top, while a man, a hopeless romantic, will sacrifice anything for her. But when she betrays him, he takes his revenge. The series was a sensation in Korea with its ratings tripling over the course of its broadcast, and the readymade already sold across South East Asia, French-speaking Europe, and Romania.
Incarnation of Money is a legal thriller about a prosecutor and four conspirators who successfully carry out a scheme to kill a real estate mogul and steal his wealth. Years later, they face dire consequences when the mogul’s son – now a prosecutor himself – recovers his memory and finds out the truth behind his family’s demise. Written by the duo behind K-drama mega-hits Vagabond and Giant, Incarnation of Money won viewers in droves, doubling its rating over time.
“These are two series that really took South Korea by storm during their original runs, but have universal themes and strong, emotive scripts that make them ideal candidates for international remakes,” says Deborah Youn, Head of Asia Business at Eccho Rights.
“Eccho Rights has a proven track record of getting scripts adapted across borders, ensuring that the remakes retain the ingredients that made the originals so successful, but also providing something new to the international market. We are really excited to start working with their global team on this new partnership,” says Sangil Yun of SBS Contents Hub’s Global Business Team.
In recent years Eccho Rights has compiled a large scripted format catalogue from several South Korean production houses such as CJ ENM, Pan Entertainment, JTBC, and SBS, with more than 20 script adaptations in development around the world during the past 24 months.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 46 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 45 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 44 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020