Eccho Rights enters formats pact with SBS Contents Hub
Eccho Rights have made an agreement with SBS Contents Hub in South Korea, to represent two of the broadcasting giant’s top scripted formats. By embarking on this partnership, the two companies will continue to develop and expand upon the scripted format business from South Korea that has proved hugely fruitful in recent times.
Queen of Ambition is the story of a woman born into poverty who will let nothing stand in her way as she tries to rise to the top, while a man, a hopeless romantic, will sacrifice anything for her. But when she betrays him, he takes his revenge. The series was a sensation in Korea with its ratings tripling over the course of its broadcast, and the readymade already sold across South East Asia, French-speaking Europe, and Romania.
Incarnation of Money is a legal thriller about a prosecutor and four conspirators who successfully carry out a scheme to kill a real estate mogul and steal his wealth. Years later, they face dire consequences when the mogul’s son – now a prosecutor himself – recovers his memory and finds out the truth behind his family’s demise. Written by the duo behind K-drama mega-hits Vagabond and Giant, Incarnation of Money won viewers in droves, doubling its rating over time.
“These are two series that really took South Korea by storm during their original runs, but have universal themes and strong, emotive scripts that make them ideal candidates for international remakes,” says Deborah Youn, Head of Asia Business at Eccho Rights.
“Eccho Rights has a proven track record of getting scripts adapted across borders, ensuring that the remakes retain the ingredients that made the originals so successful, but also providing something new to the international market. We are really excited to start working with their global team on this new partnership,” says Sangil Yun of SBS Contents Hub’s Global Business Team.
In recent years Eccho Rights has compiled a large scripted format catalogue from several South Korean production houses such as CJ ENM, Pan Entertainment, JTBC, and SBS, with more than 20 script adaptations in development around the world during the past 24 months.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.1k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 67 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 48 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- Synamedia report: Knockout blow for sports piracy requires incentives and deterrents 40 views | posted on October 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020