City Vs Country Finland’s 2nd most watched entertainment show of 2019!
The full viewing data from all Finnish TV-channels, digital channels and VOD-platforms for 2019 has been combined, and the results are in! It was a wonderful year in television, with traditional programming such as the evening news and the ice hockey world championships prevailing as the most watched of the year. There was also very good news for the Rabbit Films original format City Vs Country (original title Stadi vs. Lande), which climbed its way on the list to #8 of all programmes and #2 of Entertainment programmes, right behind the multi-season success series Farmer Wants a Wife.
City Vs Country had a total of 1,664,000 viewers (in a country of 5.5 million), resulting in a whopping rating of 31%! This includes the totals for the original broadcast, all reruns and all online viewing for the whole year. The amount of total views surpassed those of such juggernauts as The Voice, Dancing With the Stars and The Best Singers. The show was also shortlisted in the Best Game Show category at the Finnish TV Awards earlier this year. The amazing result is yet another testament to the staying power of the long-running series, which first premiered in 2017.
Season 4 (14 x 60 min) of City Vs Country will return to MTV3 Finland on Wednesday 26 February at 8pm.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 8,898 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 58 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Indonesia’s pride, Viu Shorts! is back with 16 short films by Indonesian students 49 views | posted on July 28, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 47 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020