Binge-worthy Indian shows and Bollywood movies on ZEE5
ZEE5 has complied a list of watch-worthy picks to catch up on, with a mix of Bollywood and new age Indian content that never disappoints.
Top lined by Bollywood’s new-age star, Ayushmann Khurana, set in the quaint town of Mathura, Dream Girl is a hilarious, unidimensional story of one man’s rise to fame. An out and out comedy, the film follows the story of an educated but out-of-work protagonist, Karamvir. Gifted with the distinctive talent of impersonating a woman’s voice, Karamvir picks up a job as ‘Pooja’ at a call center and then follows a comedy of errors in struggling to keep most people in the dark about the nature of his work, while getting entangled in a web of men vying for his love and attention.
Back with another sequel to the pure action-thriller franchise, Commando 3 captures its audience’s attention with a power-packed two and a half hours. Starring trained Indian martial artist Vidyut Jammwal and the bubbly Adah Sharma, Commando 3 keeps the audience at the edge of their seats. This film captures the patriotic fervour of Commander Karanveer, who is back to hunt down a mysterious enemy planning a civil war in India, with the gift of unbelievable combat skills and death-defying stunts.
Judgemental Hai Kya
Starring Rajkummar Rao and Kangana Ranaut, Judgemental Hai Kya follows the story of two quirky individuals whose lives pivot between reality and illusion. The film categorises itself as a dark and enthralling psychological thriller. Directed by Prakash Kovelamudi, this movie weaves a social message, in a soul-stirring turn of events.
Binge-Worthy TV Shows
In a long-awaited comeback for Bollywood’s 90’s sweetheart Karisma Kapoor, Mentalhood, a ZEE5 Original series is set to take you through the topsy-turvy world of mothers. Co-starring Sandhya Mridul, Shilpa Shukla, Tillotama Shome, and Shruti Seth, this modern drama is a guide on how to maneuverer your way through unreasonable expectations and eccentricities to raise your children.
Rangbaaz S1 & S2
Inspired by real-life events, this Saqib Saleem, Ranvir Shorey, Tigmanshu Dhulia and Ravi Kishan starrer is just the crime-thriller you should be watching right now. The story is set in the 90’s in the small town of Gorakhpur, where a young college goer turns into the city’s most feared criminals. The show returns with its second season – Rangbaaz Phir Se, starring Jimmy Shergill and Gul Panag. Following the political rivalry, caste supremacy and the power play of underground mafias, Rangbaaz Phir Se was one of the most awaited series of 2019.
Never Kiss your Best Friend
Based on Sumrit Shahi’s best-selling novel, Never Kiss Your Best Friend is a light rom-com starring television sensation Nakul Mehta and Anya Singh. The story revolves around Sumer and Tanie, and their complicated yet strong friendship. After long years of separation, their curious past and unbidden feelings for each other resurface when they reconnect. Never Kiss Your Best Friend defines what it means to be ‘best friends’.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 266 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 84 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 83 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- GoQuest Media seals deal with India’s MX Player 73 views | posted on July 23, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021