Charlie Higson to pen Amara Raja Media & Entertainment’s Curse of the Kohinoor
Charlie Higson, most known for his Young Bond novel series, will co-write Curse of the Kohinoor, the recently announced scripted series by Amara Raja Media & Entertainment, in partnership with Star Entertainment Worldwide and Contentflow Studios.
The heist thriller series tells the story of a plot to steal the Kohinoor diamond, centrepiece of the British Crown Jewels. Featuring many of the biggest names from the Indian entertainment industry, Curse of the Kohinoor intertwines the history of the iconic diamond with the story of an incredible robbery attempt.
Charlie Higson is a successful author, actor, producer, comedian and writer for television, film and radio. His Young Bond series has sold over a million copies in the UK and has been translated into 25 different languages. The Enemy, His critically acclaimed seven book zombie-adventure series for teenagers, which has also sold over a million copies, ended with the publication of The End in October 2015.
His TV work writing work includes Saturday Live, Harry Enfield’s Television Programme, Randall and Hopkirk Deceased, Miss Marple, the sitcom Swiss Toni, and the BAFTA winning sketch show The Fast Show, which he co-created, co-produced and starred in with Paul Whitehouse. Two Christmas specials for the BBC based on the children’s book character, Professor Branestawm, the first of which was nominated for a children’s comedy BAFTA.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 195 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 113 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 106 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 48 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020