adidas, Hypebeast, and Fin Design + Effects unveils new OZWEEGO Campaign
adidas and Hypebeast unveil a slick new campaign to promote the new adidas originals OZWEEGO for the Chinese market. The commercial features a star-studded cast of C-pop idol Jackson Yee, Japanese influencer Lala Takahashi, and rapper-producer Dough-Boy. Hypebeast enlisted boutique design and VFX studio Fin Design + Effects to craft the mind-bending VFX for the film.
Directed by Crystal Choi (Creative Director at Hypebeast), the 30-second campaign film is centred around the theme of reworking the past to create a new future. A series of montages show the evolution from the 1998 classic OZWEEGO to the new futuristic design. In line with this theme, a modern 3D printer replaces the traditional chisel and hammer Jackson Yee uses to craft the new shoe. Other playful sequences include adidas-clad mannequins springing to life to march alongside Lala Takahashi, and Dough-Boy morphing into cuboid graphics as he performs on stage.
Fin Design + Effects was tasked with creating the futuristic flourishes to complement the theme of the film. Fin’s VFX Supervisor Justin Bromley was on the shoot with the director in Shanghai to advise on the technicality of the VFX in relation to the shots, after which the post production was handled by Fin’s Sydney studio.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 100 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 62 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 49 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020