70 Nominations in the 71st Annual Primetime Emmys on FOX, FOX Life, FOX Movies and National Geographic
Pushing the boundaries for entertainment in Asia, FOX, FOX Life, FX and National Geographic is proud to be a host to 70 nominations in the 71st Primetime Emmy Awards. The nominations span the gamut of multi-part dramas, family-favorite reality shows and thrilling true stories – representing the vast and compelling array of storytelling that lives on the entertainment, factual and sports network.
A dominating force in the factual category, Free Solo (National Geographic) was recognized with seven Emmy nominations, including “Outstanding Directing For A Nonfiction Program” for directors Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi and Jimmy Chin. The nominations come five months after Free Solo won the Oscar for “Best Documentary Feature” at the 91st Academy Awards, setting up Free Solo for a potential double-win at two of the world’s most prestigious and competitive awards events.
Viewers in Asia can tune in to Free Solo during its primetime repeat on National Geographic on Saturday, August 31 at 9.00 PM HKT, to watch the thrilling true story of professional rock climber Alex Honnold as he scales the world’s most famous vertical rock formation with no ropes and no safety equipment – a feat never before achieved, pushing the limits of human endurance.
National Geographic programs Hostile Planet, The Flood and Savage Kingdom also collected Emmy nominations.
Renowned for its innovative storytelling and unique voices of entertainment, the FX network was widely recognized in the 2019 Emmy nominations. Sleeper hit comedy Schitt’s Creek (FX) collected four nominations, including first-ever Emmy acting nominations for comedy veterans Eugene Levy and Catherine O’Hara who star in the series. Don Cheadle received a lead actor nomination for his performance in Black Monday (FX), while Sacha Baron Cohen’s jaw-dropping comedy series Who Is America (FX) was nominated for three Emmys including “Outstanding Variety Sketch Series” and “Outstanding Directing For A Variety Series”. Ray Donovan (FX) and What We Do in the Shadows(FX) also received nominations.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 67 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Han Ji-hyun stars in the popular k-drama ‘The Penthouse 3: War in Life’ 63 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- Firstlight Media names Jim Vinh to lead Asia-Pacific sales 61 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- NBC Olympics selects its audio consoles provider for production of Olympic Games in Tokyo 51 views | posted on June 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020