LOS ANGELES – Hit prime-time singing competition The Four has finished its second season on FOX on a high. After a successful season, with ratings increases week after week and making FOX the only US broadcast network to be up in ratings over the same night last year, the finale saw British citizen James Graham named as the show’s winner.
Graham was previously a contestant on The X Factor UK and through his participation in the show became a member of boy band Stereo Kicks. After a streak of defending his seat on The Four, Graham was unseated in the sixth episode, but to viewers’ relief won his seat back in the seventh ‘comeback’ episode, only to be crowned the winner in the following and final episode.
Following his victory, Graham wins a recording contract with Republic Records and is named iHeartRadio’s ‘On the Verge’ artist, a title that has helped launched the careers of artists such as Nick Jonas, Sam Smith and Fifth Harmony.
Over the last 6 weeks, The Four has consistently reached season highs and on several occasions brought FOX to tie with CBS at the number 1 spot among all networks in demo ratings. Overall The Four season two increased FOX’s summer average share by 27%, and by 42% in the coveted women 18-49 demographic (calculated for all episodes excluding the finale, for which the data has not yet been received).
Created by Armoza Formats, The Four sees four superstar-quality finalists announced in the season premiere, for the first time on TV. Selected by four of top music judges, only the best will make the final four and live like VIPs from the start. But they cannot get too comfortable because in every episode, talented hopefuls will try to steal a seat from one of the final four.
Anyone can become a contestant at any time via submissions on the dedicated app, but only the best will be able to challenge the four finalists. Contestants have to win the audience’s hearts and hold on to their spot. In the season finale, the final four will ultimately battle against each other.
Avi Armoza, CEO of Armoza Formats, said: “Throughout its second season The Four has continued to deliver a dramatic viewing experience, with the successful ratings to match. The most unexpected show on TV right now, it is an emotional rollercoaster for the participants, for the judges and for the viewers.”
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 98 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 81 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 67 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Astro presents compelling vernacular content for December 49 views | posted on December 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020