LOS ANGELES – Hit prime-time singing competition The Four has finished its second season on FOX on a high. After a successful season, with ratings increases week after week and making FOX the only US broadcast network to be up in ratings over the same night last year, the finale saw British citizen James Graham named as the show’s winner.
Graham was previously a contestant on The X Factor UK and through his participation in the show became a member of boy band Stereo Kicks. After a streak of defending his seat on The Four, Graham was unseated in the sixth episode, but to viewers’ relief won his seat back in the seventh ‘comeback’ episode, only to be crowned the winner in the following and final episode.
Following his victory, Graham wins a recording contract with Republic Records and is named iHeartRadio’s ‘On the Verge’ artist, a title that has helped launched the careers of artists such as Nick Jonas, Sam Smith and Fifth Harmony.
Over the last 6 weeks, The Four has consistently reached season highs and on several occasions brought FOX to tie with CBS at the number 1 spot among all networks in demo ratings. Overall The Four season two increased FOX’s summer average share by 27%, and by 42% in the coveted women 18-49 demographic (calculated for all episodes excluding the finale, for which the data has not yet been received).
Created by Armoza Formats, The Four sees four superstar-quality finalists announced in the season premiere, for the first time on TV. Selected by four of top music judges, only the best will make the final four and live like VIPs from the start. But they cannot get too comfortable because in every episode, talented hopefuls will try to steal a seat from one of the final four.
Anyone can become a contestant at any time via submissions on the dedicated app, but only the best will be able to challenge the four finalists. Contestants have to win the audience’s hearts and hold on to their spot. In the season finale, the final four will ultimately battle against each other.
Avi Armoza, CEO of Armoza Formats, said: “Throughout its second season The Four has continued to deliver a dramatic viewing experience, with the successful ratings to match. The most unexpected show on TV right now, it is an emotional rollercoaster for the participants, for the judges and for the viewers.”
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 40 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020