HONG KONG – Reuters, the world’s largest international multimedia news provider, has unveiled a personalised news app designed to help business professionals make better decisions.
The new Reuters news app – currently available on iOS devices – has been built to provide users with an indispensable ‘news utility.’
The design puts an emphasis on topic-based feeds, providing fast, accurate and relevant information that will quickly inform business professionals’ judgement across industries, interests, markets and countries.
Users of the app can discover thousands of topic feeds from Reuters vast global news resource and curate these into a highly-customized news service. Additionally, the app offers a range of personalization features, including customized alerts, ‘market watchlists’ and bespoke analysis of stocks, bonds, currencies and commodities.
Isaac Showman, Managing Director of Reuters Consumer, said: “People rely on Reuters to inform their personal and professional decision-making. In building the new app, we wanted to make it easier for users to access quality news and data across the thousands of specialist topics we cover. By being a ‘news utility,’ we’re focusing on being incredibly useful, fast and relevant for our users.”
The app also features ‘Editor’s Highlights’ cards that provide a summary of major stories in each feed; a personalized news bulletin from Reuters TV, where users can select their program length; and offline access.
The app is now available for iOS devices. An Android version will be available in coming weeks.
- Australia’s Nine Network, Taiwan’s Chunghwa Telecom set to broadcast Sonar’s eSports sci-fi series – ‘Interface’ 305 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Star Stable Entertainment partners with animation studio Ferly for short-form series adaptation of ‘Mistfall’ 64 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 54 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment announces its first original production on Thrill – ‘Model Family’ 50 views | posted on October 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020