“The Surprise Teacher” travels to France and Spain
TEL AVIV – Armoza Formats has announced that two new countries have taken the local rights for their new factual entertainment format, The Surprise Teacher. In France they have been acquired by Banijay Productions, and in Spain with Atresmedia-owned Verte.
The original adaptation, locally titled Il Supplente in Italian, started airing last week on Italy’s RAI2 and launched successfully, achieving a 7.53% share with 1.6 million viewers, and increased the channel’s share by 44% in prime time, also becoming the most commented program of the evening on Twitter.
Produced by Palomar Productions, The Surprise Teacher (60’) is an inspiring factual entertainment format, where each week a new celebrity will surprise a class of high school students as he disrupts their usual studies with a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
What the students believe is set to be just an ordinary day turns into a lesson they will always remember when the celebrity becomes their substitute teacher, giving them a master class that reflects his passion and experiences. Through this unique perspective, viewers get the rare chance to look into the hearts and minds of the country’s young generation as they get ready to embark on their life’s journey in a rapidly changing world.
Florence Fayard, Head of Management Banijay Productions France, said: “We immediately loved The Surprise Teacher because of its emotional capacity, intelligence and its strong ability to bring generations together and back to their screens. Thanks to the emotional encounters between the students and celebrities, this format gives our viewers the opportunity to discuss the societal themes it deals with and that concern them all. This exchange provides the basis for the strength of this format, and that is why we believe in its success and are so happy to be bringing it to France.”
Jorge Perez, Executive Producer at Verte, said: “The Surprise Teacher is a format in which we have a lot of belief, for two main reasons. The first is that it presents a rewarding dialogue between young people who are on the cusp of many important decisions and a celebrity who gives them a vital lesson based on his experience. The second point is the insight into our country’s younger generation’s thoughts, interests and inspirations that is not currently represented in television enough.”
Avi Armoza, CEO of Armoza Formats, said: “The Surprise Teacher creates unforgettable experiences for both the students involved and the viewers, while providing broadcasters with the rare chance to bring both entertainment and strong values back to TV viewing. We are thrilled that Banijay Productions France and Verte will be working on this show in their countries to bring these unique stories to their audiences.”
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 58 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 43 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 30 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020