TEL AVIV – After four successful seasons of Armoza Formats’ crime drama, The Arbitrator, Vietnam Television (VTV) has commissioned the rights to turn the hit-series into a movie. The 47-episodes of the drama aired on Vietnam’s leading broadcaster under the local name Người phán xử.
The Arbitrator (60’) is a riveting drama that follows a by-the-book social worker in his mid-twenties who discovers that he is the lost son of the Underworld’s most powerful man – the Arbitrator. In spite of himself, he finds himself drawn deeper into his father’s dark world.
With each step he is asked to cross boundaries he never thought to question, and to re-evaluate the morals he was raised with. As he travels further down a path of no return, he will ultimately face the final test: to fight his brother and take over his father’s legacy as the Arbitrator or return to the life he led before he went down the rabbit hole.
Avi Armoza, CEO of Armoza Formats, said: “We are thrilled at the success that The Arbitrator has found in Vietnam with VTV. It is rare that a TV series makes its way to film and we are happy that due to an incredible story line, The Arbitrator will be a great fit for the big screen.”
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 9.5k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 362 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 63 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- TBS, Sony Pictures Television sign global distribution and format agreement for ‘Time Is Money’ 54 views | posted on October 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020