Mediacorp names Angeline Poh as Chief Corporate Development Officer
SINGAPORE – In a move to further strengthen its leadership capability and drive its ongoing transformation, Mediacorp has named Angeline Poh as Chief Corporate Development Officer. The appointment follows a search and is effective 1 September 2018.
Reporting to CEO Tham Loke Kheng, Ms Poh will help develop and drive Mediacorp’s medium to long term strategies in consultation with key stakeholders. Leveraging her deep infocomm and media experience and wide networks, Ms Poh will also identify and pursue key international partnerships to expand the company’s footprint outside of Singapore.
Ms Poh joins Mediacorp from Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA). During her tenure as IMDA Assistant Chief Executive, she has led important initiatives to create a vibrant infocomm and media ecosystem, a key engine of Singapore’s digital economy. Ms Poh launched the Future of Media plan, aimed at developing a future-ready media industry.
She has overseen the implementation of Singapore’s public service content strategies, working closely with Mediacorp to grow the reach and impact of our Public Service Broadcast content. Ms Poh is a great advocate of innovative storytelling and fresh formats and has given much support to Mediacorp’s youth-focused initiatives like Young Creators Project.
Prior to IMDA, Angeline was Managing Director, McGraw-Hill Education (Asia). She spent the first 12 years of her career at Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB).
Ms Tham said: “I have personally worked with Angie and seen how effective she is in translating vision and strategy into real action. She is an inspirational leader who has been able to get stakeholders in the ecosystem to work together and drive results. I’m delighted that she has accepted this new challenge to join our team and help me steer Mediacorp’s transformation and initiatives to expand our footprint beyond our shores.”
Ms Poh said: “I am thankful for the many opportunities that IMDA has given me, broadening my professional as well as personal growth. Industry development of the media sector has been a core part of my experience. Having served the industry in a public sector role, I am delighted to take my passion for media and content into a new role in a commercial organisation. There is an incredible opportunity for Mediacorp to make its mark in an unprecedented, changing media and digital landscape. I look forward to working with my new family of colleagues to seize the opportunities before us.”
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 51 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 46 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 41 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 38 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020