The new iwonder channel, featuring premium documentary and current affairs content, will be available to iflix’s more than 12 million users in 28 markets globally to enjoy on-demand. iwonder’s launch line-up will grow in the coming weeks to offer dozens of iconic feature films, and will rapidly expand further to include TV series and current affairs programming.
iwonder’s partnership with iflix is its first step towards a wider international roll-out of its stand-alone subscription video-on-demand service later this year, bringing trusted documentary and current affairs content to the more than 750 million people who will subscribe to streaming services by 2023. iwonder will launch direct to consumers initially in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore.
iflix users will be able to stream and download engaging biographies, investigative thrillers, and documentaries from across the spectrum of history, sports, science and tech, religion, art and nature, with titles that will include:
- Biggie and Tupac
- Deep Web
- Hooligan Sparrow
- Hoop Dreams
- Jesus Camp
- Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work
- Kurt and Courtney
- Revenge of the Electric Car
- The Farthest
- The Internet’s Own Boy
- You’ve Been Trumped
The Singapore-based iwonder channel uses a proprietary algorithm to identify and license a selection of the most popular and best-reviewed documentaries in order to curate a top-tier collection of content that engages, entertains and educates its users.
The company will also soon announce partnerships with leading global news organisations for up-to-the-minute current affairs programming that will add context and perspective to world events and serve as a further way to discover its comprehensive documentary library.
iwonder co-founder and CEO, James Bridges, attending the Sunny Side of the Doc marketplace in La Rochelle, France, said: “Documentaries now represent more than half of all feature films made and, along with current-affairs programming, make up a quarter of viewership across film and TV. Despite a growing supply, these categories suffer from limited marketing, so consumers never hear of some of the amazing documentaries made every year. iwonder’s mission is to personalise the discovery experience and connect audiences of all ages to great stories that both inform and entertain. Our partnership with iflix is the launch pad for this goal.”
iflix Co-Founder and Group CEO, Mark Britt, added: “iflix is dedicated to offering our audiences the broadest range of world-class content available. We are in the Golden Age of content, where entertainment and culture create brilliant, compelling stories both in both fact and fiction. iwonder supports our data-driven strategies and brings an exceptional slate of factual content to our platform.”
iwonder is a new documentary and current affairs video-on-demand service delivering hundreds of hours of premium content to give context to topics that subscribers want to better understand. iwonder combines binge-worthy programming with great recommendations to connect viewers with the best factual entertainment being made today.
iflix is a global leading entertainment service for emerging markets, offering users unlimited access to thousands of TV shows, movies and more. With a vast selection of comedies, drama, K-drama, Turkish drama, Bollywood, Nollywood, cartoons, movies, live sports and more from Hollywood, the UK, Asia, the Middle East and Africa, iflix provides a wide range of entertainment to either stream or download. For a monthly fee, iflix subscribers can watch on their mobile phone, laptop, tablet, or TV, anywhere.
iflix is currently available to consumers in Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Brunei, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Myanmar, Vietnam, the Maldives, Kuwait, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Iraq, Lebanon, Egypt, Sudan, Cambodia, Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Nepal, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Morocco, Tanzania and Uganda.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 175 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 133 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 94 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021