HOOQ strengthens content team with new appointments
SINGAPORE – Southeast Asian video-on-demand service HOOQ is strengthening its content team by appointing Bryan Seah as its Head of Original Productions, and Tina Arwin as its new Head of Content, Indonesia. This is in line with continued efforts in building its strength in Asia by expanding the content slate on the platform.
Both Seah and Arwin are industry veterans with extensive programming expertise and will focus on deepening HOOQ’s original and local content. Seah will be based at the HOOQ company headquarters in Singapore, while Arwin will be based in the Jakarta office.
“I am delighted to have talents of Bryan’s and Tina’s calibre joining the HOOQ content team. We have been aggressively expanding HOOQ’s local content line-up, including original productions with the successful inaugural run of HOOQ Filmmakers Guild. As we continue to build our strength in Asia, it is integral for us to continue to expand the content slate on our platform. With their vast experience in the industry and across the region, I am confident that Bryan and Tina will be key in driving HOOQ’s content strategy in our next phase of growth,” said HOOQ’s Chief Content Officer, Jennifer Batty.
Speaking about his new role, Bryan Seah said: “There’s really no better time to be a consumer or producer of quality content today – OTT platforms have given audiences full control of the viewing experience, while producers have more avenues than ever to share their stories. HOOQ has led the charge in delivering premium content in partnership with top producers.”
“I am delighted to join the dynamic team at HOOQ and to be part of this commitment to bring world-class content to our audiences, and I look forward to working closely with the production community across Asia to showcase the unique stories from our dynamic region,” he added.
Prior to HOOQ, Seah was the Head of Original Content at Discovery Network where he oversaw original branded content for the likes of Nestlé, Audi and Samsung. A seasoned creative, Seah has produced and developed a range of programmes from current affairs to reality for media brands such as Animal Planet, Discovery Channel, NHK and TLC for more than 15 years. Across the years, his shows have won several accolades including an International Emmy nomination in 2016.
Indonesia is HOOQ’s fasting growing market and Arwin will spearhead content and programming strategies in Indonesia and continue to bring fresh, premium content to our Indonesian viewers.
Prior to HOOQ, Arwin was the Head of Content and Programming of Viu Indonesia where she led the content acquisition and programming strategy for the market. Arwin brings with her a wealth of knowledge and insights on Indonesian market, with over 18 years of experience in the industry with notable stints in MTV Indonesia, Fremantlemedia, Astro Indonesia and Vivasky.
Speaking about her new role, Tina Arwin said: “HOOQ presents an exciting opportunity, particularly in Indonesia where it is the market leader. Known for bringing in the best of local and Hollywood content to local viewers, I am thrilled to be joining the team and look forward to work together with the team to bring more local and original quality content that are both engaging and entertaining.”
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 45 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 45 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 41 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020