FOX Asia partners with Endeavor China to boost Asian content
HONG KONG – FOX Networks Group Asia (FNGA) and Endeavor China have signed a multi-year partnership to develop and produce premium original content in Asia. Endeavor China is subsidiary of Endeavor, a global leader in sports, entertainment and fashion.
The partnership will leverage on FNGA’s broad experience in producing award-winning original content and its distinctive international distribution platform, as well as Endeavor China’s full access to talent, financing and packaging infrastructure through its network of companies including WME, IMG and Endeavor Content.
Together, the companies will create high-quality, original, local-language Asian content in multiple formats, including feature films, TV series and short-form productions.
The partnership will kick off with Go Princess Go, a 20-episode Korean remake of a viral online comedy in China. Co-produced with Korean media and production houses, YG Studio Plex and LYD Networks, Go Princess Go will shine a light on Korean entertainment productions and Chinese creative concepts to audiences around the world.
Cora Yim, SVP and Head of Chinese Entertainment and Original Production at FNGA, said: “We always strive to bring more high-quality original content to our audiences. We’re thrilled to embark on this exciting new partnership with Endeavor China to further bolster our bold ambitions in this area. Working together, FNGA and Endeavor China can nurture and develop new ideas, creative talents and premium shows; and continue to build the future of best-in-class original Asian, especially Chinese content, for viewers locally, regionally and around the globe.”
Ronan Wong, VP of Film & TV at Endeavor China, said, “After a year of preparation, we are looking forward to starting production in Asia. Go Princess Go is the perfect first project for our partnership with FOX, YG Studio Plex and LYD Networks, all leading producers in the region. Together with our new partners, we will look to leverage our sister companies such as Endeavor Content to help generate IP for the region and bolster international sales.”
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.4k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 69 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 57 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 44 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020