Keshet International sells Masters Of Dance Internationally
Keshet International (KI) announced sales for its talent show Masters of Dance, following the ratings success of the first series in Israel and ahead of MIPTV.
The first series of the competition show attracted an average audience share of 24% higher than the last dancing show to air in Israel. As a result of its success the format is being snapped up worldwide and Purpose Media has acquired two seasons of the show to air in Vietnam on HCM City Television (HTV) channel 3. Production on the show will begin in the summer and will broadcast in Autumn 2018.
In Norway, the format has been sold to public broadcaster NRK. Deals for the series have also been agreed in multiple territories including Poland with production company Rochstar and with EndemolShine in Spain.
A second series has been commissioned to air in Israel on Keshet’s own channel Keshet 12.
The 22 x 60’/90’ series, created by Keshet Broadcasting and produced by Tedy Productions, sees four renowned professional dance masters put everything on the line. In this thrilling high-stakes studio-based competition, every move they make in their fight to win could be their last! Already a smash hit in Israel, Masters of Dance takes the booming dance show trend to a brand-new level, as four dance masters – established dancers, creators or choreographers whose talent and expertise has earned international acclaim – each take on the challenge of forming a new company of dancers to compete in a series of head-to-head battles.
Thousands audition, but only six dancers can be selected for each company before they enter the stunning Masters of Dance battle arena. Master vs master, company vs company, style vs style – it is each master’s decisions on music, choreography, costumes and dancers that will determine their company’s success in each battle. The dancers will give their all, but, after the audience has voted, it is the master who pays the price for failure… as the loser must eliminate one dancer, and companies with only two dancers left must close.
In the electrifying finale, the two remaining masters lead their prevailing dancers in an epic showdown – but when the stakes are this high, who will have what it takes to be crowned best dancer and who will become Master of Dance?
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 46 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020