BBC Studios and HOOQ India announced on the first day of the Asia Pay TV Operators Summit (APOS) in Indonesia, a content deal that will give Indian viewers access to nearly 200 hours of top BBC drama including Luther, Maigret and Wolf Hall.
With this deal, millions of HOOQ’s subscribers in India will now have access to award-winning and top rated British dramas on the largest video-on-demand service in South-East Asia that made its India debut mid 2015. Programmes include BBC’s award-winning crime drama Luther, a gripping psychological thriller driven by an intellectually brilliant but emotionally impulsive cop John Luther (Idris Elba); Maigret, a drama rendition of Georges Simenon’s bestselling crime stories set in 1950s Paris, played by globally renowned actor Rowan Atkinson; and Wolf Hall, an intimate portrait of Thomas Cromwell (Mark Rylance), the brilliant consigliere to King Henry VIII (Damian Lewis), as he maneuvers the corridors of power at the Tudor court.
HOOQ is a premium video-on-demand service started as a joint venture by Sony Pictures Entertainment, Warner Bros and Singapore Telecommunications Ltd. HOOQ currently has services in the India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand and Singapore.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 98 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 37 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Singaporean Tyen Rasif wins ‘Asian Dream’ 29 views | posted on September 23, 2020
- Blue Ant Media promotes Jamie Schouela to President, Global Channels and Media; Carlyn Staudt to Global General Manager, Love Nature 26 views | posted on September 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020