CTE achieved stellar ratings across Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore in 2017
HONG KONG – Celestial Tiger Entertainment (CTE), operator of the largest bouquet of pan-Asian channels dedicated to Asian entertainment, achieved stellar ratings in 2017 across its five core channel brands Celestial Movies (CM), Celestial Classic Movies (CCM), cHK, KIX and Thrill in the Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore.
In the Philippines, CTE was a top tier pan-regional channel operator with three of its channels (KIX, Thrill and Celestial Movies Pinoy) among the top 30 pay TV channels in the country in 2017. KIX was the #1 regional English general entertainment (GE) channel in 2017, growing its national audience by 51%. During the same time, Thrill’s viewership grew by a thrilling 83% in 2017. Celestial Movies Pinoy, a localized Celestial Movies exclusive to Cignal, is the fifth highest-rated channel among all pay TV channels on Cignal’s platform with their adult 20+ audience in 2017. Celestial Movies Pinoy’s offering of Chinese and Asian movies increased its audience size by an incredible 269% last year.
In Singapore, among Singtel’s Chinese audience, cHK was the third most-watched channel among all pay TV channels for the full year of 2017. In Q4 of last year, cHK hit record high ratings, the highest viewership recorded for cHK since the SG-TAM service officially launched on October 1, 2016.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.2k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 68 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 54 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 43 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020