Crime thriller series RELLIK premieres on CINEMAX
SINGAPORE – The original six-part crime thriller, RELLIK, premieres on Saturday February 3 at 12noon, with a same primetime day encore at 9pm, exclusively on CINEMAX. RELLIK airs immediately after the 11am premiere of the returning CINEMAX action series, STRIKE BACK Season 5, back-to-back and exclusively on CINEMAX. New episodes debut every Saturday at the same time. Both series will be streaming on HBO GO and will also be available on HBO On Demand.
Focusing on a serial killer, RELLIK begins with the capture of the suspect and moves backwards in time to the crime itself, gradually unravelling the truth. Richard Dormer plays Gabriel, an obsessive and disfigured UK police detective, and Jodi Balfour plays Elaine, his bright and intense partner. As Gabriel’s personal and professional lives unfurl alongside a thrilling chase to catch a brutal killer, RELLIK explores the very nature of motivation and how our pasts make us who we are.
About the Characters:
Confident, attractive and intelligent, Gabriel Markham (Richard Dormer) is a traditional alpha-male, until the moment his world comes crashing down in the aftermath of a brutal attack. A brave and highly commended police officer, Gabriel has a self-destructive streak that has led to years of drinking, drugs and womanizing.
Elaine Shepard’s (Jodi Balfour) natural intelligence, combined with her warmth and determined intensity, make her a skilled detective. Newly transferred to Gabriel’s team, the two of them have an undeniable connection, and as he starts to unravel over the course of the serial killer investigation, Elaine continues to support him, protecting him from the worst of himself.
A professional psychiatrist, Isaac Taylor (Paterson Joseph) use his warm, calm and collected demeanor to win the trust of his patients. He is intelligent and extremely observant, but suffers from extreme OCD. Isaac has a lofty impression of his chosen profession – bordering on a savior complex – and believes that by delving into people’s dark pasts, he is fixing them and making the world a better place.
Quietly imposing, Martin Brook (Michael Wildman) is a reassuring presence in the station, particularly for Gabriel, who trusts him more than any of his other colleagues. He works hard and methodically, and he does things by the book, meaning that he finds some of Gabriel’s more unorthodox methods of policing uncomfortable to witness.
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 95 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 95 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 90 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 45 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020