Crime thriller series RELLIK premieres on CINEMAX
SINGAPORE – The original six-part crime thriller, RELLIK, premieres on Saturday February 3 at 12noon, with a same primetime day encore at 9pm, exclusively on CINEMAX. RELLIK airs immediately after the 11am premiere of the returning CINEMAX action series, STRIKE BACK Season 5, back-to-back and exclusively on CINEMAX. New episodes debut every Saturday at the same time. Both series will be streaming on HBO GO and will also be available on HBO On Demand.
Focusing on a serial killer, RELLIK begins with the capture of the suspect and moves backwards in time to the crime itself, gradually unravelling the truth. Richard Dormer plays Gabriel, an obsessive and disfigured UK police detective, and Jodi Balfour plays Elaine, his bright and intense partner. As Gabriel’s personal and professional lives unfurl alongside a thrilling chase to catch a brutal killer, RELLIK explores the very nature of motivation and how our pasts make us who we are.
About the Characters:
Confident, attractive and intelligent, Gabriel Markham (Richard Dormer) is a traditional alpha-male, until the moment his world comes crashing down in the aftermath of a brutal attack. A brave and highly commended police officer, Gabriel has a self-destructive streak that has led to years of drinking, drugs and womanizing.
Elaine Shepard’s (Jodi Balfour) natural intelligence, combined with her warmth and determined intensity, make her a skilled detective. Newly transferred to Gabriel’s team, the two of them have an undeniable connection, and as he starts to unravel over the course of the serial killer investigation, Elaine continues to support him, protecting him from the worst of himself.
A professional psychiatrist, Isaac Taylor (Paterson Joseph) use his warm, calm and collected demeanor to win the trust of his patients. He is intelligent and extremely observant, but suffers from extreme OCD. Isaac has a lofty impression of his chosen profession – bordering on a savior complex – and believes that by delving into people’s dark pasts, he is fixing them and making the world a better place.
Quietly imposing, Martin Brook (Michael Wildman) is a reassuring presence in the station, particularly for Gabriel, who trusts him more than any of his other colleagues. He works hard and methodically, and he does things by the book, meaning that he finds some of Gabriel’s more unorthodox methods of policing uncomfortable to witness.
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 566 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 129 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 113 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann 100 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020