London – FremantleMedia continues to build its roster of creative scripted partnerships with a new development deal with 87 Films. Formed by Dudi Appleton and Jim Keeble, one of the leading writing duos in the UK drama industry (Silent Witness, Thorne), and now joined by executive producer Patrick Irwin (The Fall, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell). 87 Films is one of the foremost creators of international drama of scale.
Under the new agreement, the companies will collaborate on ambitious scripted projects for the international market alongside FremantleMedia’s global in-house producers. 87 Films are currently developing dramas with the FremantleMedia’s Wildside in Italy, Kwai in France, Miso across Scandinavia and FremantleMedia North America in the US.
Sarah Doole, Director of Global Drama for FremantleMedia commented: “Jim and Dudi are a creative force that will be a tremendous addition to FremantleMedia. They have an exceptional vision for stories that tie perfectly into our ambitions for our drama business. This key relationship will bring their talents to our global network of producers.”
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 8,892 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 58 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Indonesia’s pride, Viu Shorts! is back with 16 short films by Indonesian students 49 views | posted on July 28, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 47 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020