London – FremantleMedia continues to build its roster of creative scripted partnerships with a new development deal with 87 Films. Formed by Dudi Appleton and Jim Keeble, one of the leading writing duos in the UK drama industry (Silent Witness, Thorne), and now joined by executive producer Patrick Irwin (The Fall, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell). 87 Films is one of the foremost creators of international drama of scale.
Under the new agreement, the companies will collaborate on ambitious scripted projects for the international market alongside FremantleMedia’s global in-house producers. 87 Films are currently developing dramas with the FremantleMedia’s Wildside in Italy, Kwai in France, Miso across Scandinavia and FremantleMedia North America in the US.
Sarah Doole, Director of Global Drama for FremantleMedia commented: “Jim and Dudi are a creative force that will be a tremendous addition to FremantleMedia. They have an exceptional vision for stories that tie perfectly into our ambitions for our drama business. This key relationship will bring their talents to our global network of producers.”
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 173 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 122 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 93 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021