London – FremantleMedia continues to build its roster of creative scripted partnerships with a new development deal with 87 Films. Formed by Dudi Appleton and Jim Keeble, one of the leading writing duos in the UK drama industry (Silent Witness, Thorne), and now joined by executive producer Patrick Irwin (The Fall, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell). 87 Films is one of the foremost creators of international drama of scale.
Under the new agreement, the companies will collaborate on ambitious scripted projects for the international market alongside FremantleMedia’s global in-house producers. 87 Films are currently developing dramas with the FremantleMedia’s Wildside in Italy, Kwai in France, Miso across Scandinavia and FremantleMedia North America in the US.
Sarah Doole, Director of Global Drama for FremantleMedia commented: “Jim and Dudi are a creative force that will be a tremendous addition to FremantleMedia. They have an exceptional vision for stories that tie perfectly into our ambitions for our drama business. This key relationship will bring their talents to our global network of producers.”
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 178 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 51 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 44 views | posted on October 20, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights appoints distribution sales expert Hana Palmer as Head of Sales 37 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020