Michelle Chang, Lead, English Audience, Mediacorp, said, “One of Mediacorp’s key priorities is to encourage active learning and lifestyle in young people through content that is made available everywhere; on okto, on Toggle and through on-ground events such as the upcoming okto Kids Fiesta in Jan 2018, where families can come and experience their favourite okto cast, characters and sets.”
Added Ms Chang, “okto was repositioned as a dedicated channel for children and premium sports content in April 2017. From then to September 2017, viewership on okto saw a year-on-year increase of 12 per cent. We’ve also received encouraging feedback to the channel’s main objective to promote an active lifestyle and learning among Singaporeans.”
Details of the upcoming okto Kids Fiesta happening on 20th-21st January next year will be announced in the later part of this year.
In the local content pipeline are 12 new titles that have been given the green light under Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA)’s PSB Contestable Funds Scheme (PCFS). These 12 titles – five info-tainment, four drama and three short series – will air on okto over the next two years, starting March 2018, providing more than 60 hours of original local children’s content. As part of continuous efforts to create transmedia content, all the programmes will come with online clips to further engage audiences.
Ms Dorothy Lai, Director, Public Service Media and Assessment at the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) said, “IMDA is happy to support Mediacorp to produce more children’s programmes on okto that reflect Singapore’s culture and values, and resonate with our younger viewers. These stories will also be made available online through Toggle to better reach out to the younger generation, to keep them engaged as well as promote interest and learning.”
- ZEASN and New ID to incorporate popular K-content in WhaleLive 83 views | posted on April 8, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 65 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 57 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 42 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020