Singapore – Mediacorp has announced a fresh lineup of programmes on Okto for 2018 to appeal to its target audience of young people and those who lead active lifestyles and pursue active learning.
In the pipeline are Okto’s first original local sitcom for children, Upside Down, which debuts in January 2018, A rugby drama, Hullet Tigers, that draws its inspiration from Singapore’s 200-year-old sporting heritage, debuting in late 2018
An interactive studio-based, history-focused game show for Primary school children, The Museum, which debuts in mid-2019. Upside Down is a 24-episode comedy series laced with Singapore-style humour that local kids can identify and are familiar with. The story revolves around Antoine, a single parent, his vain and cheeky 60-year-old mother and his 11-year-old spunky daughter. Together they run an ice-cream parlour, which doubles up as a second home to a group of lovable children who are sadly misfits in society. Through its witty dialogue, the importance of family values and ‘being yourself’ shine through, as well as the promotion of dancing as a lifestyle and healthy art form.
Upside Down debuts on 10 January 2018 and is shown every Wednesday and Thursday on okto at 6.30pm. In an effort to engage the younger generation and new audiences, Upside Down will have webisodes of 3-5minute specially created for Toggle. These online clips will be repurposed for social media platforms as well.
- iQiyi International’s first original K-drama series ‘My Roommate Is A Gumiho’ to premiere on 26 May 123 views | posted on May 10, 2021
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 93 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 69 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- C-Suite spotlight: Alon Shtruzman of Keshet International 66 views | posted on May 8, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020