Singapore – Mediacorp has announced a fresh lineup of programmes on Okto for 2018 to appeal to its target audience of young people and those who lead active lifestyles and pursue active learning.
In the pipeline are Okto’s first original local sitcom for children, Upside Down, which debuts in January 2018, A rugby drama, Hullet Tigers, that draws its inspiration from Singapore’s 200-year-old sporting heritage, debuting in late 2018
An interactive studio-based, history-focused game show for Primary school children, The Museum, which debuts in mid-2019. Upside Down is a 24-episode comedy series laced with Singapore-style humour that local kids can identify and are familiar with. The story revolves around Antoine, a single parent, his vain and cheeky 60-year-old mother and his 11-year-old spunky daughter. Together they run an ice-cream parlour, which doubles up as a second home to a group of lovable children who are sadly misfits in society. Through its witty dialogue, the importance of family values and ‘being yourself’ shine through, as well as the promotion of dancing as a lifestyle and healthy art form.
Upside Down debuts on 10 January 2018 and is shown every Wednesday and Thursday on okto at 6.30pm. In an effort to engage the younger generation and new audiences, Upside Down will have webisodes of 3-5minute specially created for Toggle. These online clips will be repurposed for social media platforms as well.
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 62 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 59 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 58 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 56 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020