Analogue TV broadcast to cease from 1 January 2019
Singapore – Households will now have one more year to switch to Digital TV (DTV). The cessation of analogue TV broadcast has been shifted from end-2017 to 31 December 2018 to allow more time for households to switch over to DTV.
In addition, IMDA is studying enhancements to the DTV Assistance Scheme (DTVAS) with a view to assist more HDB Singaporean households with the switchover. These announcements were made by Dr. Yaacob Ibrahim, Minister for Communications and Information, in a written parliamentary response issued.
Mediacorp will continue to broadcast in both analogue and digital formats until 31 December 2018. From 1 January 2019, broadcast free to-air TV programmes will only be shown in digital format. About 3 in 4 Singapore households are already receiving DTV either over the air, or through their Pay TV subscription. To facilitate the switch over to DTV and ensure that more Singaporeans receive adequate assistance to switch over to DTV, IMDA is studying enhancements to the DTVAS and will announce the enhancements early next year. The DTVAS provides households with a free digital set-top box, indoor antenna and installation. Households who qualify under the current DTVAS criteria can continue to apply to receive assistance. Analogue channel logo on TV screens to inform affected viewers.
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 76 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 60 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 44 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020