Entertainment One secures distribution rights to Tokyo Trial
London – Global independent studio Entertainment One (eOne) secured the worldwide distribution rights to the mini-series Tokyo Trial, depicting the post-WWII trial of Pacific War Criminals by the International Military Tribunal for the Far East. The series has been nominated for Best TV Movie or Mini-series in the highly prestigious International Emmy Awards. The awards recognize excellence in television produced outside of the United States, with broadcasters and producers from over 18 countries. The winner will be announced in New York on November 20, 2017
Tokyo Trial is a four-part historical drama recreating the trial that began in 1946, combining authentic trial footage with dramatic enactments based on true events. Immediately following WWII, 11 judges from allied nations were called to Tokyo to engage in a landmark trial that would determine the outcome for 28 Pacific military and political leaders who were charged as War Criminals. This story follows the two-and-a-half-year struggle between the judges as they take on the unprecedented task of finding verdicts for each of the accused, while balancing political, professional and personal conflicts with their cultural differences and fair justice.
The compelling series stars Tim Ahern (Lilyhammer), Paul Freeman (Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark), Serge Hazanavicius (The Monuments Men), Marcel Hensema (The Marathon, Simon), William Hope, Jonathan Hyde (The Strain, Titanic, Jumanji), Michael Ironside (Terminator Salvation, Total Recall, Top Gun), Bert Matias (Fred Claus), Stephen McHattie (Watchmen, 300), Hadewych Minis (Borgman), David Tse (The Grid), Julian Wadham (The English Patient), and Irrfan Khan (Jurassic World, Life of Pi, Slumdog Millionaire).
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 68 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 60 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 51 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 50 views | posted on July 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020