Entertainment One secures distribution rights to Tokyo Trial
London – Global independent studio Entertainment One (eOne) secured the worldwide distribution rights to the mini-series Tokyo Trial, depicting the post-WWII trial of Pacific War Criminals by the International Military Tribunal for the Far East. The series has been nominated for Best TV Movie or Mini-series in the highly prestigious International Emmy Awards. The awards recognize excellence in television produced outside of the United States, with broadcasters and producers from over 18 countries. The winner will be announced in New York on November 20, 2017
Tokyo Trial is a four-part historical drama recreating the trial that began in 1946, combining authentic trial footage with dramatic enactments based on true events. Immediately following WWII, 11 judges from allied nations were called to Tokyo to engage in a landmark trial that would determine the outcome for 28 Pacific military and political leaders who were charged as War Criminals. This story follows the two-and-a-half-year struggle between the judges as they take on the unprecedented task of finding verdicts for each of the accused, while balancing political, professional and personal conflicts with their cultural differences and fair justice.
The compelling series stars Tim Ahern (Lilyhammer), Paul Freeman (Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark), Serge Hazanavicius (The Monuments Men), Marcel Hensema (The Marathon, Simon), William Hope, Jonathan Hyde (The Strain, Titanic, Jumanji), Michael Ironside (Terminator Salvation, Total Recall, Top Gun), Bert Matias (Fred Claus), Stephen McHattie (Watchmen, 300), Hadewych Minis (Borgman), David Tse (The Grid), Julian Wadham (The English Patient), and Irrfan Khan (Jurassic World, Life of Pi, Slumdog Millionaire).
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 53 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 53 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 43 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 41 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020