Leading independent distributor all3media international continues to expand its slate of third-party formats, signing distribution to Hindsight Productions’ family game show Letterbox and South&Browse’s Miss Wildcard.
Originally commissioned by BBC Two in the UK, Letterbox is from entertainment format specialist Hindsight Productions, the independent UK producer founded by David Young (The Weakest Link,Eggheads). The half-hour format challenges pairs of contestants to go head-to-head to crack a series of passwords in an attempt to take home a substantial cash prize. Following the air of a 15-episode series, hosted by Mel Giedroyc, on BBC Two in access primetime, all3media international is now launching Letterbox to the global market.
Letterbox creator and former producer of The Weakest Link, David Young, noted, “I am delighted to be working with Louise and her team at all3media international. Their enthusiasm and support toward the Letterbox format has been fantastic – their sense of ‘creative partnership’ is everything a producer could want in a distributor.”
Showcasing the unusual, exotic, strange and sometimes crazy world of pageants, Miss Wildcard sees female celebrities entering specialised pageant competitions as a Wild Card contestant. Each 60-minute episode sees two celebrities attempting to win the crown at two pageants, ranging from Miss Klingon in the USA to Miss Burlesque in Italy. Miss Wildcard was originally developed for Sky One in Germany by South&Browse, formerly the production subsidiary of German media and technology group Wige Media, now under the all3media group umbrella following its recent acquisition by all3media Deutschland.
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 70 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 62 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 61 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 58 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020