Singapore – Malaysia’s pioneer OTT content player, Media Prima Television Networks’ (MPTN) TonTon, announced that it will start offering its Malaysian customers the Outdoor Channel Asia content beginning October 2017. The news was shared by Director of TonTon & Licensing and Merchandising, Media Prima Television Networks, Airin Zainul.
“Tonton has made great strides since its launch last year and has this year expanded its service by bringing quality Malaysian and international content to Malaysians, Bruneians, and Singaporeans through exclusive partnerships with other service providers,” she said, adding that TonTon targets to introduce its brand into one more regional country before 2018 comes.
“In the next quarter, we hope to be available in one more regional country. We hope to expand the brand and its content outside of Malaysia, delivering our local content to the world,” she said, echoing the Asian Stories for the World tagline made famous by sister company Primeworks Studios Sdn Bhd, an award-winning content creation arm of Media Prima.
Over 7 million of TonTon’s users in Malaysia will now gain access to Outdoor Channel Asia, Asia’s leading channel dedicated to outdoor lifestyles and entertainment. Outdoor Channnel is available globally in more than 45 million households, including almost 10 million households in Asia.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 51 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 46 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 41 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 38 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020