Singapore – Malaysia’s pioneer OTT content player, Media Prima Television Networks’ (MPTN) TonTon, announced that it will start offering its Malaysian customers the Outdoor Channel Asia content beginning October 2017. The news was shared by Director of TonTon & Licensing and Merchandising, Media Prima Television Networks, Airin Zainul.
“Tonton has made great strides since its launch last year and has this year expanded its service by bringing quality Malaysian and international content to Malaysians, Bruneians, and Singaporeans through exclusive partnerships with other service providers,” she said, adding that TonTon targets to introduce its brand into one more regional country before 2018 comes.
“In the next quarter, we hope to be available in one more regional country. We hope to expand the brand and its content outside of Malaysia, delivering our local content to the world,” she said, echoing the Asian Stories for the World tagline made famous by sister company Primeworks Studios Sdn Bhd, an award-winning content creation arm of Media Prima.
Over 7 million of TonTon’s users in Malaysia will now gain access to Outdoor Channel Asia, Asia’s leading channel dedicated to outdoor lifestyles and entertainment. Outdoor Channnel is available globally in more than 45 million households, including almost 10 million households in Asia.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 80 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 43 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 43 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020