London – Leading kids’ entertainment specialist CAKE has announced its partnership with South African based Triggerfish Animation Studios to coproduce comedy action series Mama K’s Super 4. With a worldwide reputation for quality, award-winning studio Triggerfish, whose credits include features Adventures in Zambezia and Khumba as well as Stick Man and Revolting Rhymes, will partner with CAKE to further develop, finance and produce the 26 x 22 minute 2D animated series, with CAKE ultimately leading the international roll out and distribution.
Aimed at 6-11 year olds, Mama K’s Super 4 is set in Lusaka, where four teenage girls are recruited by former secret agent Mama K to help her save the world. Fighting rich and powerful opponents with limited resources means Mama K’s Super 4 will have to be smart and resourceful in a show, in which taking down the bad guys and turning in your homework is all in a day’s work! Created by Zambian writer Malenga Mulendema, Mama K’s Super 4 pays comic homage to the superhero genre and draws visual inspiration from retro 90’s R’n’B and Hip Hop girl groups.
- GMA Network launches new digital channel ‘Heart of Asia’ 70 views | posted on July 2, 2020
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 59 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 55 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 43 views | posted on July 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020