SBS Creative engaged Splintr to create a film for SBS Viceland’s Take Me There short form series to tell unique, Australian stories. The Take Me There series connects people with real themes and issues that affect everyday young Australians through an intimate personal story. The idea is to tell a range of diverse short stories over a journey, each resolving at an unknown location that acts as a pivotal turning point.
Splintr’s episode, written & directed by Gavain Browne, features Wani Lado, a 19 year old Sudanese rapper living in Western Sydney whose passion for music provided an escape from a potentially volatile domestic situation. “Spending time with Wani and his crew and being able to contribute to telling his story was a real privilege. Collaborating with the guys at SBS Viceland was an absolute pleasure and I’m really proud of what we created,” says Browne. Creative Lead at SBS Viceland Derek Best says, “Gav has an incredible knack for creating engaging and cinematic films, and an amazing ability to bring a story to life through the lens. We are thrilled with his contribution to SBS Viceland’s Take Me There campaign.” SBS Viceland features the best of SBS2 news, sport and entertainment alongside the best content from Viceland – the distinctive channel of Vice-produced programs overseen by award-winning director Spike Jonze.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 203 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 52 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Korean superstar, Yoo Ah-In of Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, to star in Netflix’s new Korean original series, ‘Hellbound’ 38 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 37 views | posted on August 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020