“We’re proud to have him as our 2017 Gala Chair.”“I am honored to chair this year’s gala, an unparalleled showcase for the kind of emerging global talent we celebrate on Sony’s worldwide media networks. The International Emmy Awards is a truly special event, one that takes pride in honoring extraordinary creators and visionaries whose work touches fans across the globe in a deep and meaningful way,” said Kaplan.
Based at Sony Pictures headquarters in Culver City, California, Kaplan leads the company’s global television networks and investments, with over 180 channel feeds reaching nearly two billion subscribers around the world. Under Kaplan’s leadership, Sony’s networks portfolio has rapidly grown to include some of the most popular media brands in North America, Asia, Europe, Latin America and Africa, including Crackle, the multi-platform streaming service with popular TV shows, original series and feature films available on every screen; GSN, which offers original and classic game show programming and an online digital game platform; AXN, offering international audiences the best in U.S. entertainment with an edge; ANIMAX, the premiere brand in Japanese anime; and Sony Channel, representing the best quality U.S. entertainment.
In addition to his role at the International Academy of Television, Arts & Sciences, Kaplan additionally serves as Chairman of the Board of Directors of NATPE, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Zimmer Children’s Museum, and Chairman of the Board of Governors for the USC Annenberg School’s Center for the Digital Future, as well as a member of the Board of Directors for and the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television.
The 2017 International Emmy nominees will be announced late September. This year’s sponsors, to date, include, Ernst & Young, Globo, Mipcom, Phoenix Satellite Television, Sofitel and Variety.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 87 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 82 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 79 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020