Screen Australia will provide production funding for the four documentaries commissioned by SBS for season three of Untold Australia. The documentaries are Mirrabooka from Periscope Pictures, Miss Lebanon from IKandy Films, The Cocos Question from Chemical Media and RARA RABBIS from Unicorn Films.
SBS’s Untold Australia is a 4 x 1 hour observational documentary strand exploring the hidden multicultural communities of Australia. Season one aired on SBS in 2016 and included Indian Wedding Race, Strictly Jewish and A Modern Mutiny, and for season two SBS partnered with Screen Queensland to fund four Virtual Reality projects from Queensland-based filmmakers.
“SBS is thrilled to partner once again with Screen Australia to share these compelling stories, which explore some our country’s unknown subcultures and lesser-known communities that are often overlooked and give Australian audiences an opportunity to gain a greater understanding and insight into their world,” said Marshall Heald, SBS Director of Television and Online Content. “Heart-warming, eye-opening and relatable, Untold Australia invites all Australians to witness the intimate moments and challenges faced by these real-life characters and demonstrates SBS’s commitment to increasing awareness of the contribution a diversity of cultures has to the continuing development of modern Australian society.”
“SBS’s Untold Australia documentary series takes audiences into truly unexpected territory, providing unique snapshots of multicultural communities around Australia that add to a rich and layered understanding of this country,” said Liz Stevens, Senior Manager of Documentary at Screen Australia. “We are proud to partner with SBS in bringing these four distinctive documentaries to the small screen.”
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 58 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 43 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 30 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020