Dublin – QYOU Media, the world’s leading curator of premium ‘best-of-web’ video for multiscreen distribution, has expanded its partnership with Tata Sky, India’s leading content distribution platform, in the largest single-territory deployment of its linear channel to date. Previously available through Tata Sky’s mobile app, this broader deal will make QYOU’s 24/7service of online video content available to 17 million Tata Sky connections across television and mobile.
The rapid growth in internet access has seen the number of users in India surge to almost 400 million. Online short-form video available through sites such as YouTube, Daily Motion and Facebook is hugely popular, with the average length of a viewed video in India being less than twenty minutes. To cater to the tastes of digital native millennial and generation Z audiences who are engaging with short-form video on a daily basis, Tata Sky will feature The QYOU’s 24/7service which curates unique digital-first content. This content will be featured through the screens and services its younger customers in India love to use, especially mobile and TV.
As part of the agreement, QYOU and Tata Sky will also start to feature content from local creators in India and some of the most popular online videos from the region in order to create highly localized shows that appeal to Indian audiences. The service will be available on Ch 200 (HD) & Ch 201 (SD) on Tata Sky and keeping in mind the ‘on the go’ nature of the content, it will also be available on the Tata Sky app on Live TV and VOD.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 67 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- Synamedia report: Knockout blow for sports piracy requires incentives and deterrents 40 views | posted on October 27, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 40 views | posted on October 29, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020