At the upfront presentation at David Geffen Hall in New York City, ABC Entertainment President Channing Dungey announced that Grammy- and Emmy-nominated music luminary Katy Perry is set to judge the next generation of artists on ABC’s revival of the beloved music competition series American Idol.
Perry, who rose to fame in 2008 with the release of singles I Kissed a Girl and Hot n Cold, has garnered an impressive twelve Grammy nominations, five American Music Awards, 14 People’s Choice Awards, four Guinness World Records, and an Emmy nomination for her Super Bowl XLIX Halftime Show, among others. Billboard Magazine’s 2012 Woman of the Year has sold over 100 million records throughout her career, making her one of the bestselling musical artists of all time.
“I am honored and thrilled to be the first judge bringing back the American Idol tradition of making dreams come true for incredible talents with authentic personalities and real stories,” said Perry. “I’m always listening to new music, and love discovering diamonds in the rough – from mentoring young artists on my label, or highlighting new artists on my tours, I want to bring it back to the music.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 100 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 62 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 50 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020