London/Las Vegas – Turner EMEA announced that it has greenlit a second season of its first ever Boomerang Original, The Happos Family – this time featuring longer adventures with the lovable Happos characters, as well as a raft of new digital content.
Series two, made up of 25 x 7-minute non-dialogue episodes, will launch on Boomerang channels from January 2018, and will introduce three brand-new characters to the family set-up: Football Happo, Scientist Happo and Acrobat Happo. It has been created in partnership with world-renowned Italian corporation Ferrero and will be produced by leading European animation company Cyber Group Studios (headquartered in Paris), with whom Turner recently signed a co-production deal for another new Boomerang series, Taffy.
Following a first series of 20 x 2 ½ minute shorts – which has launched on Turner Kids channel POGO (South Asia) and free-to-air channel Karusel (Russia), as well as Boomerang channels globally, reaching more than 88M viewers to date* – series two will offer kids and families the chance to become better acquainted with each of the unique and hilarious Happos and the safari park in which they live, where just about anything seems possible. Whether it’s Astro Happo longing to fly to the moon, or Stunt Happo attempting a daredevil feat, or Party Happo in a dance off with Ballerina and Bollywood, each storyline is laugh-out-loud, slap stick comedy with lots of heart.
In addition to the linear roll-out, the Happos characters will appear across a variety of interactive digital platforms, including the popular Boomerang Make n’ Race app (more than 20M downloads worldwide) alongside other Boomerang favourite characters Scooby-Doo and Tom and Jerry. The Happos Family follows the lives of a family of Happos who live in an enclosure in a safari park. In the morning the park is open to human visitors who drive past the Happos, taking pictures of them wallowing in the mud, lazing by the pool, sleeping in the shade of the tree. When the last car races out of the safari park and the gates are shut to all visitors, the Happos jump up out of the mud, wake up from
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 33 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 31 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 26 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020