Screen Australia awarded the International Emmy for Best Kids Digital
Cannes, France – Screen Australia congratulates the creators of ABC ME’s children’s television programme Doodles for being awarded the International Emmy for Best Kids Digital overnight at MIPTV, in Cannes. Doodles utilises the drawings of Australian children submitted online, which are then animated into a story.
“Congratulations to Queensland production house Ludo on this well-deserved win, which is incredibly their second International Emmy,” said Screen Australia’s Head of Business and Audience Richard Harris. “We are so proud to have watched Ludo grow, from creating Doodles out of a social media experiment, utilising funds from our Multiplatform program, to being able to grow their business in 2015 utilising Enterprise funding. Ludo has proved that sometimes all a great idea in the hands of gifted creatives need is the funds to make it happen.”
Despite the International Emmy Kids Awards only being in their fifth year, this is the third win for a Screen Australia title. Previous Kids winners include Dirt Girl World (2013 Digital) and Nowhere Boys (2015 Series). Screen Australia titles have been recognised in other International Emmy categories including #7DaysLater also produced by Ludo (2014 Digital Program Fiction) and Scorched (2009 Digital Program Fiction). Screen Queensland CEO Tracey Vieira said the Emmy win in the Kids: Digital category showed the power of Doodles’ international appeal.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020