Astro accelerates its digital and business transformation
Malaysia – Astro Malaysia Holdings Berhad and its group of companies (Astro) have signed an agreement with Amazon Web Services, Inc. and its affiliates (AWS), to use AWS cloud computing services and leverage AWS Professional Services for its group-wide digital and business transformation.
The company is incorporating a cloud and mobile-first, analytics driven approach to accelerate innovation in pursuit of new personalised experiences for customers across all ages. Dato’ Rohana Rozhan, Group CEO, Astro said, “Today Astro is in 71% of Malaysian households and growing. That equates to 21mn family members across 5.1mn homes with an Astro service.
Astro now uses Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) to host more than 23,000 on-demand current and library titles for their connected set top boxes and OTT video streaming products. They also use Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) with more than a thousand compute instances running on a daily basis, and deliver close to 2 petabytes of content every month from the content delivery network using Amazon CloudFront.
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 40 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020