Astro accelerates its digital and business transformation
Malaysia – Astro Malaysia Holdings Berhad and its group of companies (Astro) have signed an agreement with Amazon Web Services, Inc. and its affiliates (AWS), to use AWS cloud computing services and leverage AWS Professional Services for its group-wide digital and business transformation.
The company is incorporating a cloud and mobile-first, analytics driven approach to accelerate innovation in pursuit of new personalised experiences for customers across all ages. Dato’ Rohana Rozhan, Group CEO, Astro said, “Today Astro is in 71% of Malaysian households and growing. That equates to 21mn family members across 5.1mn homes with an Astro service.
Astro now uses Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) to host more than 23,000 on-demand current and library titles for their connected set top boxes and OTT video streaming products. They also use Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) with more than a thousand compute instances running on a daily basis, and deliver close to 2 petabytes of content every month from the content delivery network using Amazon CloudFront.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 67 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Han Ji-hyun stars in the popular k-drama ‘The Penthouse 3: War in Life’ 63 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- Firstlight Media names Jim Vinh to lead Asia-Pacific sales 61 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- NBC Olympics selects its audio consoles provider for production of Olympic Games in Tokyo 52 views | posted on June 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020