Dominating Daytime TV
ABS-CBN’s hit afternoon drama Doble Kara continued to dominate Philippine’s daytime until its final episode which scored a national TV rating of 22.2, or eight points higher than its rival programmes 14.2%, according to data from Kantar Media.
The final episode blew up online and hit the social media trends in the country with its official final hashtag #DKPagtataposNaPalaban, which became the top trending topics on Twitter.
Doble Kara had been a consistent top rater across urban and rural homes in the Philippines since its’ first premiere in August 2015. It is known to be one of the most successful and longest-running dramas aired on Philippine afternoon TV and even landed the lead star Julia the title as “Daytime Drama Queen.”
Doble Kara surrounds around Sarah and Kara, twin sisters who grew up in a happy family despite an impoverished life. However, when Kara was diagnosed of leukemia, the twins’ mother had to separate the two and gave Kara to her real father because of their inability to pay for her medical treatment. The two crossed paths later on and causing conflicts between the two as Sarah start envying her seemingly perfect sister.
PCCW Media’s OTT video service, Viu, has received four million unique users within its’ first year of its’ launch. Known as a game-changing video platform for Asian premium content, Viu has been launched in the Philippines as part of its regional expansion, providing viewers access to content on the web and on mobile while on-the-go.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,397 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 95 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 88 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Raven Capital and Coconuts are teaming up for a slate of unscripted pilots from Asia 59 views | posted on July 31, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020