Quezon City, Philippines – More viewers across urban and rural homes nationwide preferred watching ABS-CBN programs in March as the TV network registered an average audience share of 46%, up by two points from the previous month’s 44% and 12 points higher than GMA’s 34%, according to data from Kantar Media. Multinational audience measurement provider Kantar Media uses a nationwide panel size of 2,610 urban and rural homes that represent 100% of the total Philippine TV viewing population.
ABS-CBN captured half of the total urban and rural Filipino households in the primetime block (6PM-12NN) with an average audience share of 50%, a three-point increase from the previous month’s 47% and a 17-point lead over GMA’s 33% in March. The primetime block is the most important part of the day when most Filipinos watch TV and advertisers put a larger chunk of their investment in to reach more consumers effectively.
Aside from primetime, ABS-CBN also pulled more viewers in the morning block (6AM-12NN) with an audience share of 39% versus GMA’s 33%, in the noontime block (12NN-3PM) with 47% versus GMA’s 34%, and in the afternoon block (3PM-6PM) with 45% versus GMA’s 36%. Nine out of the 10 most watched programs in the country in March were produced by ABS-CBN. Leading the pack is FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano with an average national TV rating of 39.9%, followed by Wansapanataym (36.8%), Your Face Sounds Familiar Kids (35.6%), MMK (31.1%), TV Patrol (30.7%), My Dear Heart (28.7%), Home Sweetie Home (26.3%), Rated K (24.1%), and It’s Showtime (Saturday) (23.8%).
ABS-CBN also maintained its lead in other areas such as Total Balance Luzon where it recorded an average audience share of 47% compared to GMA’s 35%, in Total Luzon with 42% versus GMA’s 36%, in Total Visayas with 53% versus GMA’s 29%; and in Total Mindanao with 55% versus GMA’s 30%.
As ABS-CBN kept its lead over its rival network, it also dominated the digital space in 2016. ABS-CBN’s media website www.abs-cbn.com breached three billion page views and averaged 40.3 million monthly users, becoming the biggest local website in the country. It also ranked fourth after global giants Facebook, YouTube, and Google, according to web traffic data and analytics site Alexa.
- ZEASN and New ID to incorporate popular K-content in WhaleLive 83 views | posted on April 8, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 65 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 58 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 42 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020