Singapore – Passion Distribution is delighted to announce they will collaborate with Group M Entertainment APAC (GME) to bring the Robot Wars format to Asia. Passion Distribution and GME will team up to roll out the Robot Wars brand to South East Asian broadcasters.
Robot Wars combines many fields of interest to Asian viewers; robotics, engineering, competition and gaming all come together in this singularly successful entertainment format. Robot Wars uniquely placed to thrill audiences across the region. Robot Wars, which has been re-commissioned for a second season by the BBC with two Celebrity Specials airing over Christmas, proved a hit with audiences this summer in its Sunday night primetime slot on BBC Two. Recent sales of the series include acquisitions in CEE, CIS, Africa, New Zealand, Germany and Iran. Following 7 main seasons in the UK, and 2 ‘Extreme’ spin off seasons between 1998-2004, Robot Wars burst back onto British TV screens in July 2016 on BBC Two. Robot Wars is produced by Mentorn Scotland and SJP Media for BBC Two.
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 58 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 58 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020