Singapore – Passion Distribution is delighted to announce they will collaborate with Group M Entertainment APAC (GME) to bring the Robot Wars format to Asia. Passion Distribution and GME will team up to roll out the Robot Wars brand to South East Asian broadcasters.
Robot Wars combines many fields of interest to Asian viewers; robotics, engineering, competition and gaming all come together in this singularly successful entertainment format. Robot Wars uniquely placed to thrill audiences across the region. Robot Wars, which has been re-commissioned for a second season by the BBC with two Celebrity Specials airing over Christmas, proved a hit with audiences this summer in its Sunday night primetime slot on BBC Two. Recent sales of the series include acquisitions in CEE, CIS, Africa, New Zealand, Germany and Iran. Following 7 main seasons in the UK, and 2 ‘Extreme’ spin off seasons between 1998-2004, Robot Wars burst back onto British TV screens in July 2016 on BBC Two. Robot Wars is produced by Mentorn Scotland and SJP Media for BBC Two.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 9.6k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 362 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 63 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- TBS, Sony Pictures Television sign global distribution and format agreement for ‘Time Is Money’ 54 views | posted on October 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020