Hong Kong – PCCW Media’s OTT video service, Viu, has achieved four million unique users just one year after its launch. Reputedly a game-changing video platform for Asian premium content, Viu is launched in the Philippines today as part of its regional expansion, offering viewers easy access to content on the web and on mobile while on-the-move.
Regional success with rapid growth and strong traction in Asia, Viu is now present in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Indonesia and the Philippines. Viu recorded over 218 million video views in the third quarter of 2016, doubling that of the preceding three months. Viu’s users have demonstrated high engagement by consuming on average 1.2 hours per day. On average, 12 videos are viewed by each user every week. Apart from premium drama and entertainment shows, Viu also produces K1 Headlines, offering fans exciting Korean lifestyle, entertainment and celebrity bite-sized news exclusively provided by Dispatch, a top entertainment site in Korea.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 70 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 42 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 41 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020