Hong Kong – PCCW Media’s OTT video service, Viu, has achieved four million unique users just one year after its launch. Reputedly a game-changing video platform for Asian premium content, Viu is launched in the Philippines today as part of its regional expansion, offering viewers easy access to content on the web and on mobile while on-the-move.
Regional success with rapid growth and strong traction in Asia, Viu is now present in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Indonesia and the Philippines. Viu recorded over 218 million video views in the third quarter of 2016, doubling that of the preceding three months. Viu’s users have demonstrated high engagement by consuming on average 1.2 hours per day. On average, 12 videos are viewed by each user every week. Apart from premium drama and entertainment shows, Viu also produces K1 Headlines, offering fans exciting Korean lifestyle, entertainment and celebrity bite-sized news exclusively provided by Dispatch, a top entertainment site in Korea.
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 69 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 52 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 51 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 48 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020