Beijing, China – Irdeto announced that China International Broadcasting Network (CIBN), a subsidiary of China Radio International, is its first Chinese customer for Irdeto Rights with China DRM Support. CIBN is one of the seven broadcasting networks that are licensed to distribute over-the-top (OTT) content in China by The State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television of the People’s Republic of China (SAPPRFT). Through this new partnership, Irdeto will help establish CIBN as a frontrunner for premium content offerings, especially Hollywood content, through OTT distribution.
This will also provide studios and content providers with greater confidence to enter the Chinese market.As global video-on-demand services grow, China is emerging as one of the largest markets for OTT demand and new offerings. A jointly produced whitepaper by Dentsu Aegis Network China with OTT media powerhouses iQiyi, LeTV, MangoTV, Tencent, Youku and iPinyou, as well as research partners Miaozhen and Nielsen, estimated that 95 out of 100 TV sets sold in the country will be OTT-enabled by the end of 2016, amounting to more than 10 million TVs. Findings from the same whitepaper indicated that among China’s massive TV audience of 1.3 billion, the percentage of people viewing content via OTT platforms has increased from 13% in 2013 to 30% in 2015, and is set to reach approximately 49% by 2017.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 46 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 36 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 27 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020