108 Media, the Toronto-based global content distribution company, announced that it has acquired the exclusive worldwide distribution and packaging rights to brand new horror anthology series Disturbia, created by Adam Phillips. Set in various locations across South-east Asia, the show plunges suburban lives into a world where their darkest, deepest nightmares come true; where psychological horror is made real. Rebooting The Twilight Zone and Hammer House of Horror for the 21st Century, Disturbia is an original series that takes the genre in a bold, new direction.
Directed by Tony Tilse, fresh off both the hugely successful series Wolf Creek which first aired on STAN in Australia and POP in the United States and the Starz! show Ash vs Evil Dead, Disturbia will embrace South-east Asia’s rich cultural diversity while unmasking our fears about the direction modern society is heading in—and how technology has permeated every aspect of our lives, ushering in a world where the smallest indiscretion can go viral and where nothing can remain hidden forever.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020