Japan – Japan’s NHK public broadcaster was showcasing its latest 8K OLED screen at IBC, developed in conjunction with LG Display and Astra Design. Measuring a staggering 130” across, the current plastic ultra-thin model can drop from the ceiling in the style of a cinema screen, and comprises 4 separate 65” screens stitched together.
The screen is just 1mm ‘thin’. Engineers from NHK’s Science & Technology Research Labs, speaking at IBC, said the R&D team were working towards having the technology in place for retail by 2020, and the Tokyo Olympic Games.
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 95 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 95 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 90 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 47 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020