Miami – Scripps Networks Interactive announced the expansion of Food Network into Mexico with the recent launch on Totalplay, one of the country’s leading fiber optic network providers. Food Network, the leading global culinary lifestyle channel, launched earlier this month in high-definition on Totalplay Donde Sea, channel 226.
“Food Network’s launch in Mexico marks a significant milestone for the company as we enter into one of the largest, fastest growing and more promising markets for our brands,” said Eduardo Hauser, Managing Director, Latin America and the Caribbean, Scripps Networks Interactive. “Mexican gastronomy and Mexican content have had a tremendous impact on the global culinary and entertainment stages. We look forward to infusing Food Network with Mexican influence through local programming as well as help bring global culinary content to the Mexican viewers.”
Food Network features international hit series including ruthless cooking competition Cutthroat Kitchen, hosted by Alton Brown; Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, which follows host Guy Fieri on a cross-country road trip as he visits some of America’s classic diners; and Chopped, a cooking competition show that is all about skill, speed and ingenuity.
“As we continue to expand our TV offering, we look to enhance them with channels that appeal to our customers,” said Hugo Adrián Hernández, Director of Content Acquisition, Totalplay. “Food Network provides a new entertainment experience for our customers who will certainly enjoy all that this new channel has to offer.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 45 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020