ABS announced that ABS-2A was successfully launched aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 full thrust rocket from Cape Canaveral, Florida. The satellite lifted off as part of a dual launch, and was the second deployment. The ABS-2A satellite is the second of the pair of the innovated all-electric propulsion satellites, manufactured by Boeing Satellite Systems International. It is equipped with an all Ku-band payload of 48 high performance transponders connecting Africa, MENA, Russia, South Asia and South East Asia regions. ABS-2A will be co-located with ABS-2 and will deliver enhanced broadcast and data services from 75°E.
Ad – Before Content
- The Story Lab and Fuji Television Network unveil their new entertainment format ‘The Spin’
- iQiyi Hallyu Season sees the release of major K-drama series and films
- Australians in Film announce Chris Hemsworth, Jacki Weaver and more to judge the Heath Ledger Scholarship
- ABS-CBN Superview streams classic Filipino movies, series for free worldwide on YouTube
- Netflix announces ‘Rana Naidu’ starring Rana Daggubati and Venkatesh Daggubati
- The Q announces the world television premiere of the critically-acclaimed series ‘Aashram’