Cannes– MIPTV saw international launches across all genres as factual, drama, kids and format programming used the spring event to propel themselves into the international market. Many major production and distribution companies announced plans to ramp up drama production either by taking stakes in existing outfits or by launching new drama entities.
The inaugural MIPDrama Screenings gave international premieres to 12 drama series from around the world. Belgium’s Public Enemy won the MIP Markets Drama Advisory Board’s Coup de Coeur award.
MIPDoc and MIPFormats saw 1,890 participants (+5%) and buyers moved into overdrive by screening shows a massive 22,398 times. Top of the list that buyers watched was Fox’s The Story of God With Morgan Freeman.
MIPDigital Fronts saw participants that included Endemol Shine Beyond, FremantleMedia, Fullscreen, Machinima, Maker Studios, New Form Digital, Studio71, Vice and Webedia.
Reed MIDEM also unveiled a new Kids Buyers Advisory Board to provide guidance on strategy and content development for future kids’ programming. The International Emmy Kids Awards were held in Cannes for the first time in their history with a total of six winners, with popular titles such as Ronja, The Robber’s Daughter, Best i Mest and more. Children’s shows were also a big hit, with many deals being made.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 88 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 48 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 33 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020