Cannes, France— Catalyst Global Media, the multifaceted television and film production company led by Charlotte Walls and Al Hardiman, has partnered with John Woo (Mission Impossible II, Face/Off, Paycheck) and his Los Angeles team to produce a new original scripted television series titled Cognition.
Cognition is a neo-noir crime thriller covering two serial killer investigations set in two very stylistically contrasting worlds — the vast and desolate lands of America’s declining mid-west, and the thriving and overpopulated streets of the Far East.
The series is centered around Travis Augustine, an American ex-detective who has travelled to the Far East for a cutting-edge, untested medical procedure to cure his cancer.
Cognition is an original television idea created by Alex Garcia Lopez, director of cult British TV shows Utopia and Misfits. Garcia Lopez is writing and will direct the series, which begins production in 2016.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,059 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 76 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 62 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Raven Capital and Coconuts are teaming up for a slate of unscripted pilots from Asia 49 views | posted on July 31, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020